Monday, May 01, 2006

God Is Our Biggest Client

I went to see Faust the other night. I can't say I'm a big fan of the opera, but the story sure made me appreciate the fact that I am making the most of my youth, as it appears that when you get older, you'd be tempted to sell your soul to get it back if you have lived a youth unfulfilled.

It also reminded me that the arts have the same client relations as advertising agencies.

But back in the old days, the arts were sponsored either by rennaisance nobility, or the church.

Today, it's businesses.

To give you an example: Here is a beautiful ad, it could have been for anyone, but Crest footed the bill.

Catch

2 Comments:

At 4:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your catch link does NOT show any ad.

 
At 10:01 a.m., Blogger Bob said...

I had a hard time tracking this one down. Go to the bestadsontv website, look under latest ads, and then click on Catch. EASY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home